President Damon presented the club with a "year in review" and highlighted many of the accomplishments of the past year including:
- The annual dictionary project - dictionaries for every third grader in Box Elder County
- Peach Days Ticket Sales - Raising over $10,000 for use in projects throughout the community and internationally
- The newest fundraiser - 5k/10k Fun Run/Walk at Mantua Dam; Raising funds for the Boys and Girls Club and the Brigham Fine Arts Center
- Work crew at the Bike Trail east of Mantua Dam
- Great progress on the "Welcome to Brigham City" sign at the intersection of Main and 1100 South
- Discussions of a possible Habitat for Humanity collaboration in the future
- Sponsorship and participants in the Mexico Project - Including the building of three houses and distribution of books and school supplies for elementary schools in Puerto Peñasco Mexico
- 6 youth to RYLA Leadership Camp
- 3 $500 scholarhips to local youth
Checks were presented to Juenelle Jeffries, Jenny Schutlz and Susan Neidert from the Boys and Girls Club and the Fine Arts Center.
Following his remarks and thanks to all involved this last year, especially the directors and committee chairs, President Damon welcomed and installed the officers for the coming year.
President Dan Hansen
President Elect Kevin Blaylock
Secretary Larry Boyer
Treasurer Jodi McFall
Directors: Eve Jones, Malone Molgard, Jeff Scott, Tere Moore
Pins, plaques, gifts and gavel were exchanged.
Incoming President Hansen thanked all for their attendance and their commitment to Rotary. He talked of his attendance at the International Convention in Bangkok and the impression it had on him as well as the friendships formed there.
He shared his goals for the coming year including:
- Community Service project at least once a quarter
- Partnering with neighboring clubs for an International Service Project.
- Continuing support of the Mexico Project
- Working to increase individual involvement in all aspects of the Club.
Many thanks were expressed to family and friends and to the members of the Brigham City Rotary Club.
Now, let's get busy!!